Learn how to remove harmful pesticide and chemical residue from your fruit and vegetables. We have a quick video to show you how.
Today you will learn how to remove pesticides from your fruit and vegetables at home. This is a very important step when it comes to your health and one that should not be overlooked.
Pesticides are harmful to our system and extremely toxic. They can affect our immune system over time cause allergies too. By removing these dangerous chemicals from our foods consumed, you will save yourself a lot of long term grief and health issues.
Fruit And Vegetable Chemical Source
via Daily Infographic
The chemicals we are referring to are used by farmers to keep pests away from their crops. The issue is that in many cases, chemicals leave a residue on the fruit and vegetables.
Most of the time, the residue cannot be seen without a scientific microscope or perhaps a magnifying glass.
If fruit and vegetables are eaten raw, without properly being washed, you are ingesting chemicals. Some of the health issues that are known to be caused by long-term ingestion of these pesticides include cancer and damage to your nervous and reproductive system.
They can even cause birth defects to an unborn child. It is important to note where you are purchasing your fruit and vegetables what types of chemicals if any, that farmer uses.
When possible, buy organic fruit and vegetables so that you know no pesticides were used on your produce.
Regardless if you buy organic or not, it is important to properly clean your fruit and vegetables to remove any residue. Below you will find a list of all-natural ways to clean fruit and vegetables.
How To Remove Pesticides From Fruit And Vegetables
via Natural Cures, Youtube.
The video that we are sharing today is from Natural Cures and it will step you through removing these Pesticides from your fruit and veggies using simple pantry staples. We highly recommend that you view the video. To watch, click Play above now ^
Vinegar is one of the most powerful ingredients that help to kill germs and pesticides from your fruit and vegetables.
- – First, fill a sink with water.
- – Then, add one cup of white vinegar.
- – Rinse the fruit and vegetables in this solution.
- – Once completed, place the fruit and vegetables in a clean bowl.
2. Baking Soda
Baking soda helps to remove the harmful pesticides and chemicals from fruit and vegetables.
- – Add 5 glasses of water to a big bowl.
- – Add 4 tablespoons of baking soda.
- – Soak the fruit and vegetables in this solution.
- – Wait 15 minutes and then remove the fruit and vegetables.
- – Wipe them dry.
3. Turmeric Water
Turmeric is a spice that acts as an antibacterial. That means that it can kill germs.
- – To a bowl of boiling water, add 5 teaspoons of turmeric powder.
- – Add the fruit and vegetables to the turmeric water.
- – Rinse the fruit and vegetables in the turmeric water.
- – Transfer the fruit and vegetables to a bowl of clean water.
- – Wipe dry. Your fruit and vegetables are now safe to eat.
Salt is a well-known compound found all over the world. It comes in several forms. Rock salt and ground salt kills pesticides quickly:
- – In a bowl of clean water, add one cup of salt.
- – Add the fruit and vegetables to the salt solution.
- – Allow them to soak in the water for 10 minutes.
- – After 10 minutes, drain the saltwater and add fresh water to the bowl.
- – Rinse the fruit and vegetables in clean water 5 times before consuming it.
The tricks and tips listed above will remove almost 90% of any residue left from any chemicals the farmer may use.
They allow you to clean your fruit and vegetables at home.
However, to be on the safe side, peel the skin off fruits and vegetables that have deep ridges on the skin.
These are locations where the chemicals cling onto and linger.