It doesn’t get easier or more delicious than Sticky Date Pudding With Butterscotch Sauce and it’s delicious! Watch the video now.
Today you are in for a real treat. This Sticky Date Pudding with Butterscotch Sauce is unbelievably delicious and you are going to love it.
Without doubt, it is one of our absolute favorite desserts. In fact, we would go as far as to say that it is soon to become yours!
This recipe is easier than you think. The pudding is steamed in the oven and that’s what creates a spongy and extra moist recipe. It’s the key to this recipe.
The recipe we are sharing is for individual Sticky Date Puddings. You can actually whip them up in your muffin tin. You could also make them in Mug form in your microwave.
Sticky Date Pudding Ingredients
- 1 1/4 cups pitted dates, chopped
- 1 and a quarter cups boiling water
- One teaspoon baking soda
- 60g butter, chopped
- 3/4 cup Soft Brown Sugar
- 2 eggs
- One cup self-raising flour
- 2 cups Brown Sugar
- 250ml (8.4oz) cream
- 50g (1.7oz) butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Sticky Date Pudding Video Tutorial
We have included a video that shows you how to make your Sticky Date Pudding with Butterscotch Sauce in a Blender.
Yes, you heard right! If you think it’s a time-consuming recipe, think again, this is brilliant. To watch, click Play above ^
How To Make Sticky Date Pudding
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Grease deep 20cm round cake tin, line base with baking paper.
- Combine dates, boiling water & soda in bowl. Stand for 5 minutes.
- Blend or process date mixture with butter and sugar until almost smooth, add eggs & flour, mixing until just combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake 45 – 50 minutes or until cooked through. Cover with foil during baking if over-browning.
- Stand pudding 10 minutes before turning out of pan. Serve with Butterscotch Sauce poured over the top.
How To Make Butterscotch Sauce
- Combine all ingredients in medium pan, stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved and butter melted.