We’ve tried a lot of fasts, but the Bone Broth Fast is our favorite and it takes just 3 days to start experiencing the benefits.
Doing a Bone Broth Fast can improve your metabolism and immunity, support digestion and detoxification, help support joint health and flexibility, and improve your hair, skin, and nails.
This fast is great because you won’t feel hungry or lose muscle mass. You will love how your complexion glows too!
Top7 Reasons To Do A Bone Broth Fast
A Bone Broth Fast typically lasts 3 days, but you could do it for 1-10 days depending on your health needs. We’ve included a simple Chicken Bone Broth Recipe for you to try below.
You can prepare a batch easily in your crockpot or pressure cooker and it will freeze well too and can be kept for up to 3 months!
Bone Broth May Be Used For The Following
- Overcome food intolerances and allergies
- Improve joint health
- Reduce cellulite
- Boost immune system
- Improve sleep and memory
- Treat PMS
- Increase Low Libido
- Detox Your Body
- Treat Brittle Hair And Nails
3 Day Bone Broth Fast Recipe Video
Youtube Video via Dr. Josh Axe
Dr. Axe has been recommending a Bone Broth Fast to patients for years. He says it’s the most beneficial fast one can do.
He has some excellent tips that you won’t want to miss. To watch the video, click play above ^
- 4 pounds chicken necks/feet/wings
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 medium onions, peel on, sliced in half lengthwise and quartered
- 4 garlic cloves, peel on and smashed
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
- 3 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 5-6 sprigs parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 18-20 cups cold water
via Dr. Kelly Ann
- Place all ingredients in a 10-quart capacity crock-pot.
- Add in water.
- Simmer for 24-48 hours, skimming fat occasionally.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Discard solids and strain remainder in a bowl through a colander. Let stock cool to room temperature, cover and chill.
- Use within a week or freeze up to 3 months.
Why Is Bone Broth Healthy?
According to Mind Body Green, the reason that Bone Broth is healthy is due to powerful nutrients.
They are released when the bones are simmering. Consuming these nutrients helps to boost your health.
Liquid Gold Turmeric Bone Broth
Fem Fusion Fitness has an excellent Photo Tutorial that shows you how to make what they call, Liquid Gold, using Turmeric. You won’t believe how good you will feel. Another thing you might like to consider is an Elimination Diet.
This works on eliminating foods that may be unknowingly affecting your body in a negative way. We have a whole post dedicated to the topic, and we show you how to do one at home. Find out how here.